I have a combination of experience and skills to help you with your website and other digital projects:
- Creative, practical and useful web design and maintenance with Adobe software and HTML/CSS
- A variety of programming and database experience
- Familiarity with many forms of digital media: digital cameras, scanners, projectors, palm devices
- Communications skills: public speaking, written documentation, presentations
- Patience in teaching and explaining technical concepts: I have taught one on one and in classroom settings, both professional and academic
- Customer service: I have an excellent rapport with my previous clients and employers
- Knowledgeable troubleshooting skills: over 10 years of software and hardware support
- BS in Computer Science and BS in Mathematics
OS: Windows (3.1, 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2000 Server), Mac OS (8, 9, X), UNIX
Software: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Contribute, Photoshop, Acrobat, Crystal Reports, Visio, Front Page, Publisher, Microsoft Office products, WordPress, Joomla, etc.
“Soft” computer skills: Digital photography, Web site design, Presentations, Brochures, Computer training, Hardware repair / computer building, Software support
B. S. Computer Science University of Alaska at Anchorage (UAA) 1999
B. S. Mathematics Graduate with Honors, UAA 1997
Practical Theology Diploma Christ for the Nations Institute (CFNI) 1992
Awards & Projects
- “Best all around website” from the Anchorage Home Builders Association in 2002
- one2one Presentation CD for Greater Europe Mission (GEM), 2001
- Digital photographer/presenter for 2001 one2one GEM outreach in Sweden
- Basic Computer training week-long seminar for girls in Sibiu, Romania
- Multiple computer training classes at Baylor University for staff and faculty: Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook
- UAA Spring 1998 Wrangler Award, Department Tuition Waiver Spring 1996 & Spring 1997
- UAA Computer science Senior Project: Published and marketed ski race timer program called “LickitySplit” with C++ on Palm Pilot (received a 4-cow rating from TuCows)
Freelance Web Designer, Self Employed: Design websites using Macromedia Dreamweaver and Fireworks. One of my websites won “best all around website” from the Anchorage Home Builders Association in 2002. See my portfolio.
Adjunct Instructor, Forsyth Technical Community College: Math 101 – “Mathematics for the Trades”.
Programmer, Alaska Housing Finance Corporation through Northwest Technical Services: Assisting as main point of contact and programmer for customization of MS SQL based application to communicate with UniData accounting system by building MS SQL views, procedures, triggers and reports. Researched and documented organization’s current 1099 procedures.
Volunteer Computer Consultant and Technical Support Specialist, Greater Europe Mission: Prepared and taught week long Windows98 and typing classes for young girls in Sibiu, Romania. Wrote Outlook manual and taught Outlook class for missionaries. Documented server maintenance and assisted with installation of two Windows NT servers. Provided user support as needed.
Training and Support Specialist, Baylor University: Taught classes for staff and faculty in new employee orientation, email, and Microsoft PowerPoint. Provided second level support for email and Microsoft Office products. Published printed and online manuals and help pages using Macromedia and Adobe products. Assisted with migration of email from Macintosh QuickMail to Microsoft Exchange. Recruited, hired, trained, and supervised three student workers.
Technical Computing Support Analyst, ARCO Alaska: Assisted with NT server functions such as account maintenance and backups. Created and maintained Intranet web pages using MS FrontPage and HTML. Provided user support addressing various NT, Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, SQL, mainframe, Palm Pilot, network, e-mail, various applications (especially Microsoft), Internet and virus questions. Because of our excellent customer service, our helpdesk was rated #1 of all the ARCO divisions worldwide. Helped research, prepare, and migrate entire user base (about 2,000 people) from Macintosh to Windows NT 4.0 in one year. Analyzed and recommended virus protection products. Evaluated Computer Based Training products.
Customer Service Representative, Technology Service Solutions (subsidiary of IBM) and International Business Machines (IBM) Managed own territory (South Anchorage, Eagle River, Wasilla, and Palmer businesses), maintaining and repairing printer, PC, and POS cash register hardware onsite.